Friday, July 20, 2007

Big Surprise. The NBA is Fixed.

LOL!

The 40-year-old Tim Donaghy resigned from the NBA two weeks ago and is the man of the hour. Accused of fixing games due to gambling debts, he is thought to have been a mafia target to change game outcomes. HE also is known to have bet on games that he officiated. I doubt this guy could get a job selling vintage fabrics at this point and is pretty much a leper in the sports world.

Man the NBA just gets worse and worse every time I try to get back into it. Fans everywhere always complain about the officiating in any sport, but this time they have good reason to believe that games really are fixed. I've watched so many NBA games the last few years that I have wondered many times if some of these referees were ont he take. I guess now my suspicions are founded.

A point-shaving scandal is an enormous problem in any sport. This one, which might involve an NBA referee, has the potential to permanently scar the league.

The NBA acknowledged Friday the FBI is investigating Tim Donaghy for betting on games, including ones in which he officiated. read more...

3 comments:

Allan said...

Hmm a PPP Sports blogger! Been looking for these would you want to do a link exchange?

With Donaghy it's bad news but I wasn't allowed to bet on basketball on a lot of the parlay offerings in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Hi achengy. Thanks for the offer. Normally I would be more than happy to exchange links, but for some reason Google took my PR away about 6 weeks ago and it shows me as Unranked. This blog has always been a PR4 so it may just be temporary, but I don't want to have you link to this site if it somehow got on a "bad" list.

Anonymous said...

Oh...this blog is do follow on comments though so you got a link already ;).