Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sporting Event Tickets are a SCAM

Looking up some berndes cookware for an assignment I had today I ran a crossed an ad for online ticket sales and wanted to do a bit of a rant about it. I don't get it. I want tickets to a Thursday afternoon game for a Detroit Tigers baseball game. THURSDAY AFTERNOON. I went directly to the ticket booth online to get these tickets from whoever sells the tickets for the team and found out that they were sold out. Mind you this was over a month and a half ago and i wanted tickets for about 3 weeks from now. I wanted primo tickets. 1st/3rd base lines, behind the plate, etc. These tickets are said to be sold out for this game almost 2 months in advance. Impossible.

So I go to all the Stub Hubs, and Ebays of the world and there they all are. Every damn one of those tickets are being sold at 3rd party distributors. When i mean every one, I mean damn near every seat in those sections. Sold out? Not quite. Bought by a group and scalped? Yes. Of course they aren't being sold at face value, which is the LEGAL way to go about this. Oh no. The prices are TRIPLE, and even QUADRUPLE face value. Let me say this again. These are REGULAR SEASON, THURSDAY AFTERNOON TICKETS. These games don't sell out. Why the hell am I getting jacked for 3-4 times the price of these tickets then? It's bullshit. You can't buy a ticket for face value outside the stadium because it is illegal, but these guys can buy them in bulk and sell them at 3-4 times face online? Something isn't right here.

No comments: