Saturday, December 08, 2007

Can't Wait for Baseball

I couldn't wait for baseball when we got Renteria. Now I am obsessed with it starting since we got Cabrera and Willis. Setting my Hublot watch to wake me up in April may not be a bad idea. With the way the Lions have taken a complete nosedive after starting out 6-2 there isn't a whole lot left. Sure the Pistons are playing well, and I guess if you like hockey the Red Wings, but baseball is by far my favorite sport of the big 3.

I just get so excited thinking about the team for next season. Dave Dombrowski is like a hero in Detroit with what he has done with this franchise. Turned our farm system around, and then turned our farm system into a major player in the big leagues in just under 5 years. Hard to imagine the quick change that came once he took over for the hated Randy Smith. Our best player before DD got here was basically Bobby Higginson, and he couldn't even hold a job for a season after the Tigers dumped him.

No comments: