Monday, March 10, 2008

Sheed Taking Some Time Off

This time, not on the court. HE missed Friday's game against the Knicks with a sprained ankle, and missed again yesterday with the same injury. Why do I bring this up? Well...I felt like talking about Rasheed for some reason instead of looking at online auto insurance quotes.

Let's just say that I think Sheed is probably one of the Top 10 players in the league. Unstoppable, and a very smart defender. Put him in the post and there isn't a man in the league that can stop him with a turnaround, fadeaway, jumper. He's just way too long to get a hand in his face, or on the ball.

Then we have him running out and shooting 3s off the catch and a big guy playing power forward or center against this guy is way out of his element.

So, what's my complaint? Not sure really. He just pisses me off sometimes. Everyone says he is unstoppable in the post. Everyone says he is great. Then if you look at his stats you notice that the Pistons actually win more when he shoots 3s...lol

Nobody wants him to shoot 3s. Everyone wants him to feel like playing every night. The team revolves around Sheed and he just doesn't feel like playing every night. That's what pisses me off. That and the fact that he can't shut his mouth. He has done better this year, but once the playoffs start I assume that mouth will be on full force and the Rasheed Rules will kick in if he even does so much as laughs at a call.

Yeah...I know this probably isn't the time to bitch about this kind of thing, but for some reason I was reading about his injury tonight and just started to get pissed off. No idea why. Probably because I know this team is good enough to make a serious run at the title, but in the end they are going to quit.

No comments: