Friday, February 04, 2011

Suhmanji Wins Another NFL Rookie of the Year

Ndamakong (yay I can spell it now without double checking) Suh has won the NFL Rookie of the Year award from the fan vote at NFL.com. Beating out Sam Bradford who the Lions put a severe beating on in their matchup earlier this season in the first Lions ass whoopin' I believe I can remember off the top of my head since beating Dallas in the playoffs 100 years ago. Like RipVanWinkle and his mattress I may finally be able to peak open an eye a bit here.

Surprising to see a ROY given to a defensive guy over a QB in a fan vote. In fact it is the first time a defensive player has won the award in the fan vote. Amazing accomplishment for our big man that's for sure.

Suh is racking up rookie awards, and deservedly so. He already won the Defensive Rookie of the Year from the Associated Press. A great thing for us Lions fans to have a little optimism on the defensive side of the ball for once.

No comments: