Thursday, May 17, 2007

This is where my fantasy team is so far...

The league I'm in is over at CBS and we have had it together for 4 , maybe 5 years now. We keep 5 players every year and trade during the of season if we so choose. So this year I had some pretty good keepers going in, with a few extra early round picks in the draft. I kept. Albert Pujols, Ichiro, Matt Holliday, Carlos Lee, and Travis Hafner.

Normally I would have made quite a few trades by now, but I've only made one at this point. I traded Lee, Jason Hirsch, and Andy LaRoche for Hideki Matsui, Ben Sheets, and Torres (Pirates closer). Seems to be working out OK. Sheets had a nice game today. We paid to get in the league so we win some cash and a house marker, or trophy or something if we take the league.

Here is my current squad:

Hitters:

Posada, Jorge C NYY
Pujols, Albert 1B STL
Roberts, Brian 2B BAL
Lugo, Julio SS BOS
Hardy, J.J. SS MIL
Holliday, Matt LF COL
Matsui, Hideki LF NYY
Suzuki, Ichiro RF SEA
Blalock, Hank 3B TEX
Hafner, Travis DH CLE
Cuddyer, Michael RF MIN
Ibanez, Raul LF SEA
Thomas, Frank DH TOR

Pitchers

Arroyo, Bronson SP CIN
Harang, Aaron SP CIN
Sabathia, C.C. SP CLE
Buehrle, Mark SP CHW
Lilly, Ted SP CHC
Owings, Micah SP ARI
Sheets, Ben SP MIL
Zito, Barry SP SF
Jenks, Bobby RP CHW
Okajima, Hideki RP BOS
Torres, Salomon RP PIT
Wheeler, Dan RP HOU

This guy is on the DL which is why I have that Boston relief pitcher until i find someone else.

Tracy, Chad 3B ARI

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, somebody likes the Japanese players! Why do you have Okajima on your roster? Was Dice-K not available at the time? Or do you just not believe the hype!

Anonymous said...

Hideki Okajima or bust! He's solid!