Monday, January 10, 2011

Haven't Been This Optimistic About a Lions Off-season In My Life

Obviously, I wasn't this big of a sports fan that I paid this much attention to it more then that last 10-15 years or so. I remember Barry playing and yes I have always been a huge fan, but I was never a sports freak until about the mid 90s. We didn't have access to the kind of coverage we do now with the internet either before that so information was based on pretty much crappy newspaper articles and weekly magazines.

Now I can get news whenever I want and ever outrageous rumor I hear actually sounds somewhat feasible this year for the first time. Things like Killer Kowalski saying "I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions went after Albert Haynesworth". Sure we all know he's Shaun Rogers with even less interest in playing most series, but the thing is still out there and it actually makes some semblance of sense now.

People talk about free agents like Champ Bailey possibly, and I think "why not?" The media is gonna be in love with Detroit this off-season and all we have to do is make it happen.

I shall be talking crazy this off-season so be prepared. You will have to take it with a grain of salt and you may begin to wonder if I am sitting here in wedding dresses and drinking out of a cowboy boot. I am just genuinely excited for the first time about the Lions with reasonable degree of actually having something positive happen that I don't think is a ridiculous move for a team that has no chance.

No comments: