Saturday, May 14, 2011

Running With my Mother

Guest post of the week by Darrin Avery

Getting my mother to go running with me and change her life around was one of the best things that I have ever done for not only her, but also for myself. For a very long time I have been very worried about my mothers health and how she was taking care of herself. Although she wasn't overweight so much, it was the fact that she wasn't getting any cardiovascular exercise that bothered me. First I was able to get her to go walking with me, and after a few months she decided on her own that she wanted to start running. Now at 61 years old my mother is able to run 3 miles, and she runs about 3-4 times a week. As long as she sets her home security alarm (Brinks) when she leave! s and she makes sure to grab some water as well, I feel great knowing that she is out there making herself healthier. Not only is she going to be able to live longer, but I am going to be able to be with her longer as well.

No comments: