Monday, September 19, 2011

Soccer pro

Guest written by our friend Mason Abbott

A year ago one of my best friends was drafted into the MLS. He and I played soccer together in high school. We both went on to play in college as well. He played at a major university, and I played at a small college. Even though we went to different schools, we remained close. I was a groomsman in his wedding two years ago. When he was drafted by Major League Soccer, I hoped to watch him play. However, he now lives across the country, and I live in a rural area in the southeast. Because of our location, we were having great difficult with our internet service. I looked into satellite internet at www.satellitestarinternet.com. I have been much happier with this service, and I am now able to follow him through the team’s website. We also talk on the phone every two to three weeks. I always dreamed of playing professional soccer, but I did not have the talent to realize that dream. However, it is pretty awesome to see a teammate and close friend live out his dream in the professional ranks. I know it is tremendously taxing physically and mentally at the professional level, but his hard work and dedication to the sport has finally paid off.

No comments: