Saturday, January 06, 2007

Time to Lose My Holiday Weight

I love the Christmas season, but from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day, and even through the college Bowl season it seems like I am eating more and more every year. By the time the 2nd week of January rolls around I feel like I have become an extra half a person...lol

Anyways, every year I decide it is time to get into shape and exercise after my long vacation. There really is no other way to feel good than to be in good shape. I have more energy, feel better about how I look, and just have a lot less stress. My fitness regimen has always included weight training as well as aerobic exercise. I kind of skimp on the diet now and then, but building muscle mass as keeping my heart rate up has always been the best way to either lost weight or keep it off. Having a nice metabolism is great because you can eat a lot more things you wouldn't be able to before. At least you can burn the calories off a lot easier.

If you don't have a lot of time there are always some great ways to improve your health just doing everyday things. 10 Practical Tips to Improve Your Health was an article I saw recently and found it to be a good thought process. If you think fitness and health, it is easy to find a few ways everyday to improve them.



No comments: