Monday, April 09, 2007

Power Nap and be More Productive

I remember hearing from a friend that Benjamin Franklin used to sleep for 45 minutes every 2 hours. I still think he is full of it, but what about power napping? Many believe that napping during the day makes it too difficult to actually sleep at night. Well it would if you took an hour or 2 nap and then tried to sleep at night, but this article doesn't suggest that. They suggest the 20-30 minute power nap to increase your productivity.

I know I often sit here with my eyes droopy and stay awake just because I need to get things done, but why? What if I did just lay down and take a power nap? How much faster could I get some of this stuff done? My problem has always been getting to sleep once I decide to. Some tips in the article may help. In fact I may just go lay down right now and take myself a well deserved nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard the Banjamin Franklin thing on "Seinfeld", so it must be true. Actually, I think they said it was thomas jefferson. Now i'm going to lose sleep trying to figure it out