Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Armando Galarraga Throws Perfect Game; Gets Robbed

I've never been more sick after watching a sporting event. June 2, 2010 Cleveland Indians @ Detroit Tigers will go down as the most upsetting game I have ever seen. Armando Galarraga threw a perfect game. HE threw such a perfect game that he got 28 outs in a row.

If you watched this game you know how shocking it was. I am literally sick to my stomach still and this game finished 45 minutes ago. I don't even know what to say really, but I have to say something. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th inning an umpire blew an obvious call. A ground out that was clearly the final out of the game. Not just any game. A perfect game. Armando Galarraga threw a perfect game that will never show up as one.

I am not even angry. I am just shocked. I feel like I should be breaking my modern furniture into tiny pieces right now. I will say I'm proud our fans didn't relive the Malice at the Palace tonight. I don't think I would have been able to do anything either I would have been so shocked.

No comments: