Thursday, March 08, 2012

WATCHING THE ARTIST

Contribution by Stevie Kirby

I had so much fun on Sunday watching the Oscars on my Satellite TV. Unfortunately, I had not seen half of the movies that were up for awards though! I was really surprised that the “Artist” racked up so many awards. I guess I haven’t seen it, and wish that I had seen it before it won all of the awards, but I am definitely planning on watching it soon! I heard that it was the first time since 1934 that a silent film has won best picture. That is a really long time! I just couldn’t believe that it had been that long! It is also the biggest award for a “foreign” film in categories outside the “foreign film” award group. “The Artisit” is a French movie. I have invited my friends to get together this weekend to watch it. I have already started making some very “French” pastries and desserts to be served. Of course, we are going to drink some good red wine! I will get a couple of good bottles, but I can guess that the rest of the evening we will be drinking box wine!

No comments: