Monday, October 30, 2006

Fantasy Football League Brag Post

I'm in a league of 8 with some guys for the 3rd year. Everyone chipped in $30 and the winner takes all except $30 to runner up. So you pretty much win $180 to take the league after you exclude your entry fee. We kept ONE player from last season so I kept the great Ladanian Tomlinson. If I lose this league it will be a travesty of epic proportions. No negatives in this league so turnovers don't mean jack.

The stat categories and roster spots go like this:

QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

So let's take a look at my All-Pro team:

QB-E. Manning
WR-T. Holt
WR-L. Fitzgerald
RB-L. Tomlinson
TE-M. Colston (Qualifies at TE in Yahoo leagues.)
W/R-T. Barber
K-N. Keading
DEF-Chicago
BN-R. Moss (WR)
BN-D. McAllister (RB)
BN-L. Coles (WR)
BN-M. Bulger (QB)
BN-T. Heap (TE)
BN-M. Bell (RB)

So check this out. I drafted the bears as the 3rd defense off the board. I got Tiki in the first round because the guy that had him last year kept Shawn Alexander. I plucked Colston off of the free agent list early in the year. Some other moron actually dropped Randy Moss so I got him with my waiver priority. Someone just dropped Reggie Brown too so he might be on my team soon as well.

Right now if you can believe it my team is only 5-3 after this week. Not really a bad thing since I didn't bother filling in my bye slots at TE or defense and played the big scorer the 2 weeks that Tiki and LT were on byes. What's most amazing is that I have amassed 864 points thus far while the next closest guy in the league has a measly 732. I actually scored almost 100 points more than anyone else in the league in Week 6 by racking up an impressive 179 points that week.

I really can't even make a trade because there isn't anything I can upgrade at other than my 2nd RB, but even that is a risk. I tried to get Alexander for nothing a few weeks back, but that didn't go through and it appears it was for the better. Waivers are stacked as you can imagine so my reserve RBs change almost weekly. At this point in the season I have 5 of the top 14 ranked players according to Yahoo rankings. LT, Eli, Holt, Bulger, and Colston. Not too shabby.

Though I should be able to dominate in the playoffs it is weekly match ups so anything can happen. I will be truly disappointed if I lose out once again this year. Last year I got knocked out with a similar team in the first week of the playoffs in a match up that I tied in points. The tie-breaker was Total TDs for the week and I lost by 1. Total bummer and I will be quite pissed if it happens again this year. I couldn't have assembled a better team.

No comments: