Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ask Jason Personal Tech

This is an interesting site. An ask site about tech with xome pretty good posts so far. Jason brings you Ask Jason Personal Tech for all your tech question needs.

I didn't ahve to look far to find a post that intrigued me. Someone asked Question: Where Can I See Old Computers Online?. Why I liked the question is because that computer was what we used in elementary school when I was in Kindergarten. I had a Vic 20, Commodore 64, and a Commodore 128 way back then at home over the years as well and those things were ancient. Big old floppy disc drives. BASIC programming was your fun. I believe that my C64 actually had a place to insert a game cartridge, which thinking back was a pretty big deal. This may have been after Atari came out so I don't really remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an old Vic-20 in my basement that my wife finally made me get rid of a couple of years ago. That and an old Wang. The darned Wang would still boot believe it or not. Nasty old green screens.

Rip said...

LOL...When I was a kid that thing was incredible to me. Used to play basketball sims on it and write remedial programs. Thought I was big shit because I could draw circles and have them fill in with color.

I had it on a little black and white TV since I never really needed a monitor. I remember the little TV/computer switch that was plugged into the back so you could actually see it on screen. Same one you had to have with an Atari back then and it had to be screwed on with the little connecters.

My first Windows based computer v.3.1 only had 8 MB of memory I believe and it cost more than the computer I have now with a 160 GB HD. The internet was AOL at $$20 a month for 20 hours and the only thing to do on the net back then was to chat with others in chatrooms....lol