Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Student Loan Consolidation

OK...this subject hits me right in the face. Student Loan Consolidation. The way students are able to get every credit card mailed to them approved now it is imperitive that they can find some way to get out from the mountain of debt they accrue in college from not only blowing as much money as they can get their hands on at teh bar, but now they have to start repaying their student loans because they are in the "Real World".

I was pretty bad with my leisure spending in college and didn't really want to work much other than to get enough money to go out and have fun. LEt my student loans take care of the essentials I said. Then that day about 6 months after graduating I came to the harsh reality that I now only had to start repaying these monsters, but that I was in no position to do so. Most of my loans were on a floating rate so it was just a matter of time before I got caught paying too little every month to cover the interest. That's the funny thing about these loans. The payment tends to remain the same even if the interest rate changes for a while, which menas you may not even be cutting into the principle.

This is where consolidation comes in. Student Loan Consolidation during times of rising interest rates is exactly what I had to do. When I graduated rates were so low that they had no where to go, but up. They aren't goi9ng down anytime soon right now either. You can apply to the above links as a student, or with a co-signer. With resources there on the How's and Why's of student loan consolidation you have basically everythign you need in one place. It is never too early to start thinking about your debt. With the ease of navigation it is simple to understand what you need to do, or what you don't need to do on their site. Even if you have a bit of other debt you may beable to find a solution there as well.

No comments: